Nope...just the Giants and ECU over VT...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Appy St wasn't beating Michigan, ECU wasn't beating VT or WVU</div></div>
I may be losing my mind but this don't make much sense to me. App St. lead most of that game and didn't ECU just manhandle WVU the whole game and led the whole thing and the closest WVU ever got was 10-3 in the 2nd and Michigan didn't take the lead till there was 4 minutes left in the game.
</div></div>
...but before the game, no one thought that was possible. sup-rbeast is acting like he called it WAY ahead of time on all of those.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
Nope...just the Giants and ECU over VT...
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Care to tell us which ones you got wrong over the same period of time, Senor El-Righto?
That's what I thought. Just because you picked two upsets (that I also picked--big fargin whoop) doesn't make you a football genius...and it doesn't make me wrong in this instance either.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neutral88</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This coming from Mr. SEC homer, Nostradamus of the gridiron who never seems to be wrong.
I like your posts for the most part man--but this seems to be a recurring theme w/you. </div></div>
Are you serious?????
This post comming from the man so one sided he keeps posting "WE" like he had a helmet strapped on the other night....I'm not takin sides, just wondering how the kettle calls the pot black????</div></div>
I've got more invested in the Canes (20+ years of being a fan) than most people my age have in any team that they like, and I think that allows me to say "we" from time to time. I ain't gonna apologize for that--clown me all you want. </div></div>
If you choose to invest in something that has never yeilded anything to you that is your choice....But the fact is you didn't call a play or strap on a pad down there, and if I were betting, didn't even go to a single class down there, and have no degree from there, thus have no ties to Da U....
All that aside, the moral of what I was trying to say is you jumped sup-rbeast for being one sided to the SEC, when you word things as if you honestly think you were apart of the Miami team...Come on now, that ain't clownin, thats just a crazy accusation...
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
You were the one that brought it up...wasn't me. You can bait me all ya want, but when it comes to football, I'm no dummy.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
I kinda agree with CoeburnCane on this one. I, like Cane sometimes refer to my teams as "WE" bc I have alot invested in my teams as well. I have been a Dolphins fan for 24 years and a Gator fan for 20 years. Im a die hard fan of both my teams, always have been and always will be. I do not like how some people act like you cant be a fan of a certain team if you dont have ties with that school. I visit a few different websites and always see people making comments like "you probably didnt even go to The University of Florida". So what???? That dont mean I cant be a Gator fan and that I havn't been ever since I started watching college football. Just bc I didnt go to college there or play football there don't mean that Im not just a big of a fan as anyone else.
"Why so serious?"
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Care to tell us which ones you got wrong over the same period of time, Senor El-Righto?
That's what I thought. Just because you picked two upsets (that I also picked--big fargin whoop) doesn't make you a football genius...and it doesn't make me wrong in this instance either. </div></div>
Maybe not, but until they invent a 20 point play, Miami had NO CHANCE to beat UF on Saturday...bad call or not. Cry about it a lil more won't ya.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you choose to invest in something that has never yeilded anything to you that is your choice....But the fact is you didn't call a play or strap on a pad down there, and if I were betting, didn't even go to a single class down there, and have no degree from there, thus have no ties to Da U....</div></div>
I was offered an academic scholly to go to UM, but decided to stay near home--so I do have a small connection there. I wanted to go, but did not want to get into a financial hole for me or my family, because even with schollies--it's still an expensive private school. I was not good enough in football or any other sport to strap on a pad, swing a bat, or shoot a jumpshot for any of Miami's teams. I understand that completely.
But you know what? I have several other ties to Miami. I've followed them for over 20 years of my life, and I've been loyal to that team as my favorite college football team for that long. It's yielded me some life-long friendships, the joy of watching 5 national titles being won in my lifetime (not counting the 4 baseball titles in my lifetime either), and I've met many players and their families who have shown me nothing but the same love they show their own--just because I support the U. That to me, is enough. If it's not enough for you, then I don't have to justify it to you, and you wouldn't understand it anyways.
I may not be a player or an alumnus, but I am for damn sure a Cane, and if you don't understand that--well, there's plenty of other Canes that do understand it--and that's what matters to me.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All that aside, the moral of what I was trying to say is you jumped sup-rbeast for being one sided to the SEC, when you word things as if you honestly think you were apart of the Miami team...Come on now, that ain't clownin, thats just a crazy accusation... </div></div>
sup-rbeast will even tell you he's an SEC homer. Love the dude as a poster--he knew that was a jab at him for something he's known for, and I don't think that "angered" him. He'll go overboard to defend the SEC in any way at all. It's not a bad thing, but it did explain his reaction to me talking about the SEC officials blowing a call for one of their golden children in UF...so I called him on it.
Besides--what personal & binding ties do you have to the Red Sux or Clemple anyways? Play for either one? Work for the Sawx organization or take classes at Clemson? I'd guess not...it's possible the classes at Clemson, but the rest--no.
Speaking of pot/kettle....
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

I have been a diehard Bama fan all of my life. Pretty much a family tradition passed down. I honestly considered attending the college but chose not to due to the money factor. I will still support and conitinue to support them for the rest of my life.
The great thing about sports is we don't all like the same teams, If we did it would be boring [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]
Dude, look back, in my first post I said it was a bad call..but that it wouldn't have mattered...hell far.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Bookmarks